Monday, August 1, 2011

LIFE IN BEAUTIFUL COLORS

Susan was a friend and colleague; the kind that stands by you when you need somebody to be there.
I remember how Susan used to come into my office, excited to share events that occurred in church, or about what she heard the man of God say over the radio. Or how she shocked her pastor with her contacts. She always had something new, exciting and out of this world to share. I was genuinely happy for Susan, she worked very hard for everything she received, and God was beginning to show her things and take her places, restoring her for what may have appeared to be lost time.
What is it that we remember when we think of Susan? I think everyone who knows her very well would agree with me on this. It was her colourful character and contagious smile.  That's the trademark of Susan Kabura Kagori. She was the kind of person who saw life in beautiful colours and one that would keep you talking because she laughed heartily at every joke.
Susan’s death was sudden. I remember when I heard the news I simply could not believe it. 'Yesterday evening we laughed and today your gone? How?' She was far too young, and full of promise, she had just been promoted and looking forward to her new role. Susan was well-loved and had done so many things on earth and I’m sure she’ll do much more in heaven. I will forever be grateful to have known her. I will forever be grateful that she knew God the Father at her time of departure, and is possibly colouring the heavens already with her personality.
The outpouring of love, gratitude and fond memories which we have all witnessed is a testimony to the way this singular figure, who now remains only in our memory, touched so many lives. Having departed without the blessing of time to say thank you and goodbye. We've lost the irreplaceable personality. All the memories we have shared with Susan will forever be cherished and remembered. She will forever live with us. Her joyous light in our lives, inspiration of excellence, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever.
Susan is in heaven now. This is not the time for us to grieve her death but it’s our time to celebrate her life.
Don’t ever forget that, she never wanted to see people cry, rather she believed in people and wanted to bring out the best of everyones potential and hope in the future. So at this moment when we are about to lay her body to rest, let’s all think back and remember how she touched our lives. How she touched us all in a special way, and how good Susan was as a person. This is not the moment for us to shed our tears but we should all be thankful that we were given the chance to have known her.
Our hearts go out to all Susan's friends, family and everyone who ever had the pleasure of knowing, working or laughing with her.

Susan, we will miss you.

Charlie Owino - DHL Kenya


No comments:

Post a Comment