Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A LOVING MUM

Auntie Sue,
As I write this, I still fight the tears that form in my eyes because of your unexpected departure. However, I know deep inside you’re beside God with all His glory. As I recall all the moments we shared, it is almost impossible to believe you’re gone. I smile remembering how I spent a whole December holiday with you and my cousin Nate, whereby I underwent tutoring on ‘mother skills’ which included changing diapers and waking up late in the night to hush Nate back to sleep. I also remember you taking Idah for her horse riding lessons and how your face brimmed with pride each time Idah completed a task. You were and forever will be a loving mother.
I’ll miss you terribly and so much but since we are all one family, I trust our love will be forever binding. Although I’ll miss the moments you used to demonstrate dancing moves during the Christmas party ,or how you would show off some new clothes you got ,especially the purple sweater you promised to give me, I thank God for the time He granted us with though it was short-lived, I believe all the memories, secrets and advice shared will be kept to heart ,refreshed in the mind and forever written in our souls.
I wish I had the chance to say ‘I love you’ once more but now I’ll just whisper it as a prayer , hoping and trusting ,that you will hear.
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment